Monday 23 September 2013

The Beginning

Hello. That's about as formal as I can be for now so absorb it.

My name is Matthew Hoey and I am an aspiring Game, Level and Character Designer from Lancashire.
I just recently decided to pursue a Masters in Game Design after successfully achieving a First Class Honors in July of this year.
With this blog I am able to study and document findings and/or research I come across throughout this year long journey I'm so gracefully about to embark on.
This will serve as a public diary, if you will, of my progress from the very beginning to the very end... of the course, not my life.

I have been drawing and designing since I was very young and have often developed characters and - most recently - level designs, based heavily on two of my earliest childhood gaming experiences;
Doom and Sonic The Hedgehog; juxtaposition in designs huh?!
Throughout the final year of the BA, however, I studied the concept of nostalgia within video gaming and how players - young and old - could potentially benefit to old and new gaming experiences through level pacing, structure and well-balanced gameplay.
This was based within one out of three modules yet I really found this to be the most interesting and certainly something I could potentially invest further study time into in the near future.

I ramble on.
I'll update any relevant features on here often, so don't hesitate to look on, in lust.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment