Tuesday 19 November 2013

Retreading Old Posts

Retreading my last post, to be exact.

So yeah, talked with Oliver - the fella friend who did all the technical buildy stuff with Lima - and he mentioned that we should start SpaceBoy from the beginning.



'It would be easier starting afresh because once I got it working in the Lima project I would have to redo it all again in a new one... saves time and we can get the show on the road'



So forget the other stuff I mentioned on the previous post about working with Lima's core build to create early prototypes of SpaceBoy.
I'd edit it but that doesn't show growth now does it.

Further exploration of EGON brought me to the developer's 'Devlog', showing small updates such as a run cycle and in-game interaction with other characters.






He's also produced a demo, marked 'old', and it plays like The Impossible Game - with endless running and precise jumping to hurdle obstacles. Though the developer intends EGON to be a 'atmospheric puzzle adventure game', so this demo is most likely an engine and animation test.




No comments:

Post a Comment