Wednesday 15 January 2014

The Indie Space Title Boom

uh oh, space isn't the most original backdrop in video games anymore...



The PC Games Column: Space-Exploration



...not that I ever thought it was, nor did I want to break new ground with SpaceBoy.
So, up yours column.

I kid. The link above is dedicated towards the ranking of the 'pluckiest' video games in a 'rising genre' of space-related titles on the PC.
Discussing indie hits from Kerbal Space Program to the pixel-based Interstellaria, and universe-sized sand-box multiplayer experiences such as Space Station 13, the column gives a short but interesting insight into the kind of setting I'm exploring with SpaceBoy. After Testing. And further concepting. Potentially. Eventually.
















Oh and, I have a small, broken - yet - charming build, as a means to show off probable style/animation for SpaceBoy.


....Here.

(W, A, S, D to move).

No comments:

Post a Comment